Sunday 12 January 2014


Travelling Thoughts

It might seem stupid but I've always hated doing things alone, even shopping, I always manage to drag a friend or my boyfriend along for company. Yet here I am I've travelled to Australia on my own and although I'm staying with my friends they unfortunately have to work full time. So here I find myself adventuring out for some sightseeing alone.

After a couple of days exploring I'm wondering what was I thinking, I imagined myself as the only lone tourist in all of Australia, ridiculous right, because everywhere I look there are people doing exactly the same thing. Yes there are many families, friends and couples enjoying Sydney together. However I've found its definitely not impossible to enjoy sightseeing alone in fact I am finding it quite liberating, it's already helping to make me a better person, a more independent person. I can go wherever I like there are no ties holding me back, no one influencing me on what I should and shouldn't do. It gives me time to think and see beautiful things that I might not even of noticed had I been chatting away to friends. I think by the end of the trip I'll feel like nothing is impossible for me and that might sound a tad over dramatic but it really is true.

I'm learning that anything is possible and it just took a 10,000 mile trip for me to realise. However I'm not saying that I wouldn't want company on a holiday like this, I'd love to share the experiences with my best friends and boyfriend. They are the first ones I want to share any news or any exciting things that I see with and I can't imagine what it would have been like to bring them with me. For now though skyping them all the time and telling them every detail will have to do!

Below are two of my favourite spots so far...


No comments:

Post a Comment